Student Veterans in Michigan Colleges Get On-Campus Help from VA

The U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs has assigned two vocational rehabilitation counselors to offer their services to veterans in colleges and universities around Michigan.

Student veterans have access to expert advice from the VA about the best ways in which to use the benefits that are available to them. The counselors provide assistance on a range of issues, including applying for education benefits, filing service-related claims and helping them understand the nature of the benefits they have.

Navy veteran Reginald Rogers and Brett Haddow, who was in the Air Force, interact with veterans to answer questions and offer step-by-step guidance. They also work with their children and spouses.

Rogers is keen to ensure that veterans are not wasting their benefits. He also deals with the frustration often experienced by veterans who are struggling to get in touch with the VA or find information about their services.

The areas the counselors cover include Washtenaw Community College, Schoolcraft College, Kalamazoo Valley Community College, Eastern Michigan University, Western Michigan University and the University of Michigan, among others.

Legal Help for Veterans, PLLC fights for veterans rights. We fight to make sure you get the benefits you deserve from the Department of Veterans Affairs. To learn more or contact an attorney about your Post Traumatic Stress, Traumatic Brain Injury, Mental Health, Sexual Assault, Hearing Loss and Tinnitus, Total Disability Based on Individual Unemployability, Medical Malpractice, or Aid and Attendance claim, visit or call 800.693.4800

Tagged with: , , , , , ,