- Who can get the work permit?
Spouses of H-1B. The H-1B individual needs to have: (1) and Approved I-140 and (2) Maintain his or her H-1B status.
The H-4 person needs to also maintain his or her H-4 status
So this is not spouses for recent arrivals who just has H-1B and has not started the Green Card (Permanent Resident Card) process yet. Note L-2 can apply for work permit immediately upon entry into the US.
- When can the H-4 apply ?
Starting from May 26, 2015. Citizenship and Immigration Service will reject applications filed before this date.
- Is this a sure thing?
This is under the Executive Action which is being currently challenged in Court. So this is not 100% sure. To date Citizenship and Immigration Service has not released any new forms or regulations
- Documents: These would probably be the necessary documents
- Copy of marriage certificate (with English translation)
- Copy of children’s birth certificate, if any
- Copy of H-4 approval and/or Visa page
- Copy of H-1B spouse’s H-1B approval
- Copy of H-1B spouses I-140 approval
- Three Recent paystubs of H-1B spouse
- Two passport size pictures of H-4 Employment Authorization Document applicant
Please contact Houston Immigration Attorney, Annie Banerjee for more details
<!– Social Buttons Generated by Digg Digg plugin v5.3.6,
Author : Buffer, Inc
Website : http://bufferapp.com/diggdigg –>