The Great Bike Giveaway: Friendship Circle is partnering with adaptive bike companies and donors to give away adaptive bikes to children with special needs.
Just about every child you’ll ever meet would like to have his or her own bicycle to ride around their neighborhood. For many children with special needs and their parents it’s not always so simple. Friendship Circle of Michigan in partnership with eight adaptive bicycle companies is doing something about this as they launch their third annual, “Great Bike Giveaway’. Over 50 adaptive bikes will given away.
How it works:
- Each bike page has a space where users can enter the contest.
- Submit a picture of your child with special needs along with a short explanation of why your child needs an adaptive bike. One bike in each contest will be given away to the entry with the most nominations.
- Nominations are received from friends and family clicking the “nominate button” on your post.
- All the remaining bikes will be placed in a drawing.
- To be eligible for the drawing each submission must be nominated by at least 50 friends and family members.
The contest submission deadline is March 25, 2014 ( no entries will be accepted after this time). To learn more about this contest visit: http://www.friendshipcircle.org/bikes/about/
About the Friendship Circle
Friendship Circle has been providing assistance and support for more than 3,000 families of children with special needs since 1994. Friendship Circle pairs teen volunteers with children who have special needs and together they participate in over 25 weekly and monthly programs. To learn more about Friendship Circle visithttp://www.friendshipcircle.org.