How do I sign up for DUI school for my Polk County DUI? How much does DUI School cost? What documents will I need to enroll in DUI School?

The majority of people arrested for DUI in Polk County will have to enroll in and complete DUI School.  DUI is substance abuse treatment program.  In a DUI case this usually means substance abuse counseling for alcohol.  A DUI may be based upon controlled substances, so treatment may deal with some other drug.  A person arrested for DUI may be required to complete DUI School if the person loses the Formal Review and the administrative suspension by the Dept. of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (DHSMV) is upheld.  This is one reason why you need to speak to a Polk DUI lawyer immediately so that you can fight the administrative suspension of your license.  You only have 10 days to fight the suspension and be eligible to get a temporary driving permit until the Formal Review hearing.

If you are found guilty or plea guilty or “no contest” to the charge of DUI, you must complete DUI school in order to get a hardship license or reinstate your full driving privileges.  The majority of drivers who plea to a reduced charge of Reckless Driving with Alcohol as a Factor also have to complete DUI School as part of their sentence.

You may sign up for DUI School in the county you were arrested or the county you reside in if you live outside Polk County.  For those arrested for DUI that enroll in Polk, the DUI School is run by Tri-County Services.  Tri-County offers these services at the following locations:

  • Lakeland – 5421 U.S. Highway 98, South, Highland City
  • Winter Haven – 41 3rd Street S.W.
  • Avon Park – 100 W. College Dr.
  • Wauchula – 202 S. 9th Avenue

The fees are:

  • Level I fee is $255.45 ($242.50 + $5.95 cc fee + $7.00 convenience fee for online enrollment).
  • Level II fee is $377.50 ($377.50 + $5.95 cc fee + $7.00 convenience fee for online enrollment).

The majority of 1st time offenders will need to complete Level I DUI School.

In order to enroll, you will need the following documents:

  • Readable Copy of the DUI Arrest Report/Probable Cause report – this can be obtained from the agency that arrested you or from your attorney. A crash report alone is not sufficient unless you were taken from the scene in an ambulance and received a DUI ticket later. If you were arrested by the Polk County Sheriff’s Office, please mention this when you call to set your appointment.
  • Lifetime driving history. A Florida history can be obtained from any Florida Clerk of Court office (or the DUI office – $14.00) and must be obtained even if you have never had a Florida driver license (cannot be more than 30 days old when you come to complete registration). If you have held a license in another state, you may be asked to obtain a driving history from that state also.
  • Court Order if you have completed the court process.
  • Picture id.

Time is of the essence in a DUI case. 

You only have 10 days to request a Formal Review of the “Implied Consent” suspension of your license so call my cell now.

Aggressive Polk DUI attorney Thomas C. Grajek

863-838-5549 cell


Aggressive DUI attorney handling all DUI arrests in Florida and Polk County, including Bartow, Lakeland, Winter Haven, Mulberry, Haines City, Auburndale, and Lake Wales.


Below is information and links that you need for your Polk DUI arrest.


Tri-County Human Services, Inc.
1811 Crystal Lake Drive
Lakeland, FL 33801
(863) 701-1919
fax (863) 293-1214
Pasco Pride Integrated Services, Inc. of Pasco County
7619 Little Road, Suite 350
New Port Richey, FL 34654
(727) 847-3411
fax (727) 847-3513
Florida Safety Council
1505 E. Colonial Drive
Orlando, FL 32803
Orange: (407) 896-1894
Osceola: (407) 846-2555
Seminole: (407) 831-7200
fax (407) 895-2650
Hillsborough DUI Counterattack Hillsborough, Inc.
4711 North Hubert Avenue
Tampa, FL 33614
(813) 875-6201
fax (813) 876-0648
Tagged with: , , , , , ,