Industrial fires and explosions cause immense devastation. Not only to physical property, but also to the lives of those injured and the families of those who are killed. And when human error contributes to the destruction, the attorneys of The Lietz Law Firm share your belief that measures must be taken so that history does not repeat itself.
In September of 1991, over 100 individuals were killed or injured when a flash fire raced out of control through a poultry processing plant. Not only was there no sprinkler system, but the emergency fire doors were locked as well. David Lietz assisted in representing over one-half of
the victims of this tragedy, securing over $51 million dollars in compensation for the families involved.
So often in cases such as these, more than one party is at fault. Certainly the owner of the property, but suppliers of products and materials used in the construction and upkeep may have exercised neglect as well. It takes the experience of The Lietz Law Firm to dig deep into the details to uncover the true extent of liability… and to push for the appropriate remedies.
As a national law firm with considerable experience in this area of the law, we are able to litigate with large companies and their insurance companies on a level playing field. We have the financial resources, personnel, and the background to actively pursue your claims.
Counsel for Plaintiffs in Notable Fire, Explosion, and Industrial Accident Cases
- CalPine Energy Plant Lighting Incident, Hermiston, Oregon (2002)
- Ebensburg Power Plant Explosion, Ebensburg, Pennsylvania (2001)
- Ford Motor Company/Rouge Steel Plant Explosion, Dearborn, Michigan (1999)
- StateLine Energy Plant Explosion, Hammond, Indiana (1998)
- Dielco Crane Collapse, Laughlin, Nevada (1994)
- Westinghouse/Dayton Power & Light Electrical Arc and Explosion, Aberdeen, Ohio (1994)
- Amoco Natural Gas Well Explosion, Harrision, Michigan (1994)
- Imperial Food Chicken Plant Fire, Hamlet, North Carolina (1991)